- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat for a home that helps you save energy and stay comfortable
- The Nest Thermostat is designed to work without a C wire in most homes, but for some systems, including heating only, cooling only, zone controlled, and heat pump systems, you'll need a C wire or other compatible power accessory
- Nest Thermostat turns itself down when you leave, so you don't waste energy heating or cooling an empty home
- A programmable thermostat that lets you create an energy-efficient schedule in the Google Home app on your Android or iPhone
- Remote control lets family members change the thermostat temperature from anywhere on a phone, laptop, or tablet
- Savings Finder looks for more ways your thermostat can help you save, and suggests tweaks to your schedule in the app; check with your energy provider to learn more about rebates and more ways to save on a Nest thermostat
- A smart thermostat with HVAC monitoring, which looks out for your heating and cooling systems; sends an alert if something doesnt seem right, along with helpful reminders to make maintenance easier
- It's easy to install your thermostat, typically in 30 minutes or less, with everything you need to be included in the box; it's compatible with 85% of heating and cooling systems
i have no dislikes,this will save you money,one of the best things i ever bought.
We had a smart analog thermostat before, worked well but had some glitches, had been installed for like 8 years so decided to upgrade.Install was easy, but for sure needed the backplate which is sold separately. Great service from getting me that the same day.Once I had the the installation was pretty simple, was able to reuse the old mounting which was great due to the paint in that area not matching the rest. Will still have to do some touch up in that regard but no big deal.Since I had installed smart thermostats before it was no big deal, but the key here is to install Google Home on your phone BEFORE you start the installation. It will literally take you through it step by step. I did not need that but if you are not as familiar with this it is really helpful. Once I got through that, it auto-updated its software, entering a schedule using Google Home was easy. Have not yet added additional family members, looks like they also need to have Google Home installed on their phone for some of the more advanced features to work. It is easier to make adjustments on your phone than on the display.Happy so far, installed yesterday but all is working well.
I had pre-ordered the wyze thermostat and waited patiently to arrive, only find out later that it would be a nightmare to install. I got it because it looked cool and it has a great price point $50. However, my AC unit is on the roof and it needed a c-wire so I hired an AC guy (more money). My unit did not have an onboard computer and I could not install the c-adapter. It also didn't work with an external transformer. Long story short after spending money on a AC guy and buying an external transformer I still could not get it to work. It was going to be even more expensive to run a c-wire. So I gave up and thought I try this little device since it did not require a c-wire. It maybe took me 10 minutes to install, did not have any issue at all and it's working perfectly (Did not need to hire an expert) I'm so happy I ended up with this one, it's also much prettier.Though I hate the trim plate that comes with it. I will be returning it and buying an aftermarket version. I don't know who designed it but they really missed the mark on this one. The Nest however is very pretty and I like the interface from the side, I didn't have any issues with it at all. Super Happy Now!
I made a video to show some of the functions and how well this works in our upstairs room. We replaced the thermostat that the a/c guy put in. We have the learning thermostat in the rest of the house and they are so nice to use and look great on the wall other than the holes from the previous one.To install you have to download the google home app and it gives you step by step instructions and tests the connection to see if there are any issues. It is so simple and takes very little effort to complete all the steps for install. It is worth it. You ca set a schedule on the app for what temp you want it set throughout the day and while you sleep. It geofences your location and will turn temp up when you leave the house if you want it to. It really is a must have for busy people like my wife and I. We both work full time and live in southern Louisiana where it gives hell a run for its money.The thermostat definitely has made a noticeable change on our electric bill and it is not difficult to use or set up. If your on the fence go for it, I did and I am so happy. That's all!! Good luck.
We love this product!The walk through instructions in the Google Home app are easy to use. I also watched a YouTube video before it arrived. It was easy to install. I had a couple issues after installation (which I did correctly) where it wouldn't connect right but I just needed to turn off the furnace switch AND the breakers a couple times and wait a couple minutes fir power to restore before I continued with the setup. I also removed and reinserted the wires. Then SUCCESS! I'm so happy. It does a lot better maintaining the proper temperature than my AprilAire thermostat. I love being able to control it from my phone and making a schedule is so much easier than programming the old one.Just be patient and make sure you follow the steps.I don't think you NEED a faceplate if you just sparkle your old holes and touch up paint before installing the Nest.Highly recommend!!